Welcome to Ed Murr Studios
An Illustrator for over twenty years, Ed Murr has been creating art for a wide range of clients.
Starting off at the Marvel Comics Bullpen in the nineties, working alongside legendary cartoonists and moving over to the Topps Company, Ed immersed himself in the study of storytelling and illustration the entire time.
Other applications of his craft have included work as a Storyboard Artist for various advertising, film and television productions for live action and animation. As a licensing artist, worked on paint masters for toys, illustrated calendars and worked on style guides.
As a graduate of the Fashion Institute of Technology’s MFA in Illustration Program, his work and path of an Illustrator continues.
Currently he continues his career as a Freelance Illustrator while teaching Illustration at the Fashion Institute of Technology, Montclair State University and Pratt Institute.
His personal work explores the topic of dreams and nightmares and the imagery between those and popular culture.
Thanks for taking a look!
Character Design & Illustration
- Specialty House of Creation
- Marvel Comics Group
- The Shamrock Company
- The Topps Company
- Vanity Fair Magazine
- Schraetter Foods / Anco Fine Cheese
- Smirnoff Ice
Shooting & Storyboards
- Cliff Freeman & Partners – Dunkin Donuts
- Karlen Advertising – Move Free by Schiff
- MK Advertising – ESPN, ABC Telrvision
- MJZ Advertising – Panasonic Toughbooks
- Park Pictures – Huggies
- Saatchi & Saatchi – General Mill Cereals
- Six Flags Dallas – Entertainment Venue Visualization
- SKR Advertising – Healthy Kids
- Walnut Park Productions:
- Zooma Zooma – Burdines, Hershey’s Foods, Enterprise Rental Agency
Industrial Training Videos
- Pepperdance Productions
- Sigma Group
- Anatomical Travelogue
- Charged Studios – Smoking Gun / Court TV 36 Shorts
- Frederator – Animation Proposals
Music Video Clients
- Jay – Z
- Foxy Brown
- Kanye West
- Busta Rymes
- Kevin Richardson